Westchester County Airport Various Assignments
For nearly 15 years, LiRo has serviced Westchester County Airport with construction management, design and engineering services.
- The Hangar E facility required reconstruction of the access road leading from State Route 120 to Hangar E, the only entrance into this complex. Design work included field survey, drainage analysis and design, pavement markings, and MPT. Coordination between agencies was maintained to minimize travel disruption.
- The parking field at Hangar D required reconstruction. LiRo provided design work for the following areas: field survey; pavement; drainage; electronic card access gates and alternative security; lighting analysis and upgrades; ADA compliance for ramps and pedestrian access; aesthetics and landscaping; and MPT.
- The Perimeter Road project required LiRo's design work on pre-design phase data collection, schematic plans of the existing pavement, proposed Perimeter Road design, utilities and drainage structures with a stormwater runoff and dis-charge plan, design of pavement rehabilitation, and environmental site evaluation.
- LiRo provided design services for the airport plaza and intersection improvements for the Rye Lake Road-Access Road intersection to improve safety and traffic flow and to minimize delays to airport traffic.
- Years later, the relocation of Perimeter Road at the North End of Runway 16-34 caused a portion of the existing perimeter road adjacent to the north end of Runway 16-34 to move to a location outside the designated Runway Safety Area (RSA). Scope of work included construction of new asphalt pavement and stone shoulders, excavation and grading, drainage, sediment and erosion control, and maintenance & protection of traffic. LiRo provided pre-design phase data collection; development of schematic plans of the existing pavement, proposed Perimeter Road including horizontal geometry, existing topography and pavement profiles, utilities and drainage structures with a stormwater runoff and discharge plan. LiRo also performed an environmental evaluation of the proposed construction including, watershed and water quality management completed of an Environmental Assessment Form.